So you decided to replace your windows! Thermo-Bilt Windows has almost two decades of experience with replacement windows in Toronto. Before every job our experts will meet with you to discuss the best windows for your home and design.
Prior to our initial conversation, in order to work together to find the best window replacement Toronto has to offer we ensure that your needs and concerns are covered.
Climate Controlled Windows
Make sure your window replacement matches the climate in Toronto. Specific windows fair better than others in the cold, and choosing the right style will keep your home warm and energy efficient.
Performance, Not Price
Not all windows are created equal, and not all windows are good value for money. Some windows will outperform others that cost more, so when considering window replacement in Toronto it’s important to research products in different price ranges.
Consider Why You Are Replacing Your Windows
The windows you choose will be largely determined by why you need (or want) to replace them. For Torontonians, window replacement might be different depending on whether you’re replacing windows in an old home or a new home.
In any case, your window replacement in Toronto will be a balance between aesthetic and efficiency. So it’s good to have an idea of what your primary concern will be, and how that will change your budget.
Are You Going for a New Look?
You can use a necessary window replacement as an opportunity to invest in your home. Window replacement is a chance to make your home competitive in Toronto’s housing market by upgrading to a more unique and desirable style.
Choosing a Window Style
This of course depends on the existing windows in your home, the style of your neighbourhood, and most importantly your personal preference. Here is a quick guide to a few window replacement options Toronto homeowners may consider:
- Sliding windows require little maintenance, and are a more affordable option. Their ability to add some ventilation to a room makes them a window replacement for Toronto summers
- Casement windows offer an unobstructed view and contemporary style. They are taller than they are wide and open like doors, so they provide excellent ventilation
- Double Hung windows have a more traditional look and slide up and down. Modern versions of this style replace the old pulley system with a spring mounted mechanism
- Bay windows fit well in modern and older homes, adding space and light to any room, while providing a great view. Bay windows can also give you space to lounge, eat breakfast, or read a book
- Bow windows are very similar to bay windows, but have four panels instead of three. They too offer more space and great views.